At 14h50, Sunday, 28th February, NSRI Port Elizabeth medical crew were activated to assist at the Chokka Fishing Boat Septa reporting a friend of the skipper who had slipped and hurt his back onboard while they were fishing for bait.
Ambulance Services had been activated and on arrival on the scene NSRI medics stabilised the patient, suffering extreme pain from a back injury.
The man, 30 years old, from Despatch, was secured into a Stokes Basket stretcher and on their arrival on the scene he was handed into the care of Netcare 911 paramedics who have transported him to hospital by ambulance for further treatment.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Warranties Extended on Essential Service Vehicles - 1 April 2020
- Local Plant gains 5.3% Market Share in Kenya - 1 April 2020
- Lockdown Day 6 – Bonnie Does a Runner - 1 April 2020
- Why The Coronavirus Infection Numbers DON’T Make Sense - 1 April 2020
- Lockdown Day 5 – Alan and Bonnie Share State Secrets - 31 March 2020