At 14h50, Sunday, 28th February, NSRI Port Elizabeth medical crew were activated to assist at the Chokka Fishing Boat Septa reporting a friend of the skipper who had slipped and hurt his back onboard while they were fishing for bait.
Ambulance Services had been activated and on arrival on the scene NSRI medics stabilised the patient, suffering extreme pain from a back injury.
The man, 30 years old, from Despatch, was secured into a Stokes Basket stretcher and on their arrival on the scene he was handed into the care of Netcare 911 paramedics who have transported him to hospital by ambulance for further treatment.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- 75 Applications For Own Energy Use Approved - 20 February 2020
- Businesses need to remain resilient and agile - 20 February 2020
- Nelson Mandela Bay River Mile - 20 February 2020
- This Week’s Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage 2 AND a Bit - 20 February 2020
- Guess Who Turns Two This Month? - 19 February 2020