At 14h50, Sunday, 28th February, NSRI Port Elizabeth medical crew were activated to assist at the Chokka Fishing Boat Septa reporting a friend of the skipper who had slipped and hurt his back onboard while they were fishing for bait.
Ambulance Services had been activated and on arrival on the scene NSRI medics stabilised the patient, suffering extreme pain from a back injury.
The man, 30 years old, from Despatch, was secured into a Stokes Basket stretcher and on their arrival on the scene he was handed into the care of Netcare 911 paramedics who have transported him to hospital by ambulance for further treatment.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- The Port of Port Elizabeth Comes Second - 19 November 2019
- Eastern Cape SMME’s Receive R41.8 Million Loan Funding - 19 November 2019
- Unique D-MAX aerial platform application - 19 November 2019
- Andre de Ruyter – Eskom’s new group chief executive - 19 November 2019
- Framesby bolster hockey, netball resources - 19 November 2019