At 14h50, Sunday, 28th February, NSRI Port Elizabeth medical crew were activated to assist at the Chokka Fishing Boat Septa reporting a friend of the skipper who had slipped and hurt his back onboard while they were fishing for bait.
Ambulance Services had been activated and on arrival on the scene NSRI medics stabilised the patient, suffering extreme pain from a back injury.
The man, 30 years old, from Despatch, was secured into a Stokes Basket stretcher and on their arrival on the scene he was handed into the care of Netcare 911 paramedics who have transported him to hospital by ambulance for further treatment.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Mark Williams is new EP Cricket CEO - 27 August 2016
- Pitbull and owner teach pet care in Port Elizabeth [Video] - 27 August 2016
- Port Elizabeth Medical Placement offered - 27 August 2016
- Sharing Success with Women - 26 August 2016
- VWSA Auto Pavilion receives 1991 Jetta - 26 August 2016