At 14h50, Sunday, 28th February, NSRI Port Elizabeth medical crew were activated to assist at the Chokka Fishing Boat Septa reporting a friend of the skipper who had slipped and hurt his back onboard while they were fishing for bait.
Ambulance Services had been activated and on arrival on the scene NSRI medics stabilised the patient, suffering extreme pain from a back injury.
The man, 30 years old, from Despatch, was secured into a Stokes Basket stretcher and on their arrival on the scene he was handed into the care of Netcare 911 paramedics who have transported him to hospital by ambulance for further treatment.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- OK That is it! New Rules for Twitter Engagements - 3 December 2016
- Christmas comes early at the Business Chamber - 3 December 2016
- Boardwalk Casino is ranked best in its class in SA’s biggest consumer survey - 3 December 2016
- Swimming and water safety at Bubbles Swimming School Holiday Club - 3 December 2016
- Ray of Light amidst new vehicle sales decline - 3 December 2016