At 14h50, Sunday, 28th February, NSRI Port Elizabeth medical crew were activated to assist at the Chokka Fishing Boat Septa reporting a friend of the skipper who had slipped and hurt his back onboard while they were fishing for bait.
Ambulance Services had been activated and on arrival on the scene NSRI medics stabilised the patient, suffering extreme pain from a back injury.
The man, 30 years old, from Despatch, was secured into a Stokes Basket stretcher and on their arrival on the scene he was handed into the care of Netcare 911 paramedics who have transported him to hospital by ambulance for further treatment.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Literacy is the gateway to a better future - 20 April 2018
- Diarise 7 April 2019 Ironmen (and women) - 20 April 2018
- FOP no Hindrance to Ciské Faber - 20 April 2018
- Godfrey Sithole – going on to Masters - 20 April 2018
- 52-year old Zenobia Olivier and the hurdles she overcame - 20 April 2018