At 14h50, Sunday, 28th February, NSRI Port Elizabeth medical crew were activated to assist at the Chokka Fishing Boat Septa reporting a friend of the skipper who had slipped and hurt his back onboard while they were fishing for bait.
Ambulance Services had been activated and on arrival on the scene NSRI medics stabilised the patient, suffering extreme pain from a back injury.
The man, 30 years old, from Despatch, was secured into a Stokes Basket stretcher and on their arrival on the scene he was handed into the care of Netcare 911 paramedics who have transported him to hospital by ambulance for further treatment.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- EC SAPS Doubled up on Service on Mandela Day - 21 July 2017
- “Zuma and his cohorts conduct themselves in a way that represents a betrayal of the liberation movement” - 21 July 2017
- Motherwell Residents claim dumping site last cleared in December - 21 July 2017
- Accolades for East Cape Communications Company - 21 July 2017
- Traffic department equipment fixed - 21 July 2017