At 14h50, Sunday, 28th February, NSRI Port Elizabeth medical crew were activated to assist at the Chokka Fishing Boat Septa reporting a friend of the skipper who had slipped and hurt his back onboard while they were fishing for bait.
Ambulance Services had been activated and on arrival on the scene NSRI medics stabilised the patient, suffering extreme pain from a back injury.
The man, 30 years old, from Despatch, was secured into a Stokes Basket stretcher and on their arrival on the scene he was handed into the care of Netcare 911 paramedics who have transported him to hospital by ambulance for further treatment.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Business Chamber helps small businesses grow - 30 September 2016
- The World’s Longest Test Drive - 30 September 2016
- Would have been great to see the Red Location Museum on this list - 30 September 2016
- Protest by all means but do it within the law #FeesMustFall - 30 September 2016
- Financial boxes to tick while interest rates are on hold - 30 September 2016