At 14h50, Sunday, 28th February, NSRI Port Elizabeth medical crew were activated to assist at the Chokka Fishing Boat Septa reporting a friend of the skipper who had slipped and hurt his back onboard while they were fishing for bait.
Ambulance Services had been activated and on arrival on the scene NSRI medics stabilised the patient, suffering extreme pain from a back injury.
The man, 30 years old, from Despatch, was secured into a Stokes Basket stretcher and on their arrival on the scene he was handed into the care of Netcare 911 paramedics who have transported him to hospital by ambulance for further treatment.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- MyPE Image: Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium, eBhayi - 25 June 2016
- MyPE Image: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape - 25 June 2016
- MyPE Image: Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium, Port Elizabeth - 25 June 2016
- MyPE Image: Nelson Mandela Stadium; Port Elizabeth - 25 June 2016
- Fatal crash between bakkie and taxi - 25 June 2016