“White people r not our friends chaps….”
My immediate reaction was to say some smarmy remark like; “Even on Facebook?” But then most would not understand my convoluted caring logic and take that the wrong way.
So I delved into the Timeline of this person and saw many rants in a similar vein:
- These white managers who introduce black artists to drugs and then live off them
- Is so disgraceful to see black people depending on white people, while they have the ability and the so called freedom!
- I’ve never danced to Mandoza in the presence of White people, so the 4min of unity is not something I’ve experienced. :”(
- White people suck all the energy out of our black stars…they abuse them then leave them.
- White people will feed you cocaine…set you up in the media as IT GIRL….while you fall apart behind the scenes from the addiction.
- Im not interested in being ‘made’ by white capital….i would rather take the long road and have spontaneous black support.
I ask you with tears in my eyes; “How do you respond to the above? How can a woman – the traditional holder of nurturing and caring – be moved to spew such hate? If she was in front of me she would get a hug and words of comfort.”
All I can hope is that this wounded woman will one day realise that expending her energy in hate and vitriol will not do her cause and the standing of her peers any good.
As a wise old man I feel that I can offer the following advice: “Engage in a positive manner and work towards the change you want to see. When you put two people, that are on opposite sides of an issue, in a room together they will eventually move closer. Compromise NOT Conflict is the only way!”