The knee-jerk, lazy reaction to an appeal to ask Senior Citizens to submit entries for the title of Senior Citizen of the Year would be to use a title like; “Get your Grandchildren to help you enter SCOTY 2017”.
But, my maternal unit is one of those and she has a firm grasp on technology, using WhatsApp, Facebook and allowing me to claim her as the only reader on MyPE – yes that is YOU Mom! And did I mention that she uses a Raspberry Pi to watch Ted videos on?
Having attended one or two SCOTY award events I can tell you that the nominees are a top notch bunch of citizens who contain a zest for life and new adventures that put me to shame.
So, forget the grandchildren and enter the SCOTY yourselves by emailing your entry to email@example.com before Wednesday 30 August 2017 with reasons why you should be nominated in any of the following age categories: 70 – 79 years/ 80-89 years/ 90+.
After all if you are reading MyPE (MOM) then you are already tech savvy!
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Name this Game Lodge in the Eastern Cape - 18 November 2019
- Like an Alien UFO Blasting Heavy Metal Above your Home - 17 November 2019
- Backlinks – Huh? When are they a “Good Thing?” - 17 November 2019
- Is the Dairy Industry Horrific? - 17 November 2019
- Watching This Video Broke My Heart - 17 November 2019