There has been a lot of hype about ANC president Jacob Zuma’s appointment of a task team in the Nelson Mandela Bay Metro.
What people should realise is that this is about saving the ANC from itself. It is a last, desperate measure to cling to power.
The only party that can save the metro is the Democratic Alliance.
Cadre deployment, whether you employ less weak people to council, will still result in the same outcome.
Cadre deployment is the root of all evil in our society. People get jobs not on what they can do, but on who they are connected to.
To turn this metro around, we need to bring Cape Town-style governance to Nelson Mandela Bay.
The DA is on track to do this.
Bobby Stevenson, MPL
DA Eastern Cape deputy leader, Bhisho
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- The Lottery and the missing minstrel museum – News from GroundUp - 22 February 2020
- Agar takes hat-trick as Australia hammer South Africa in first T20 – Port Elizabeth Business News - 22 February 2020
- The Australian spinner highlighted that he aspires to become someone like India’s Ravindra Jadeja. – Port Elizabeth in the News - 22 February 2020
- Cricket-Agar hat-trick helps Australia thrash S.Africa in first T20 – Port Elizabeth in the News - 22 February 2020
- Port Elizabeth: Woman arrested for possession of suspected stolen motorcycles – Port Elizabeth Business News - 21 February 2020