SAVE THE DATE: July 27 Telephonic Press Briefing with Assistant Administrator for Democracy, Conflict, and Humanitarian Assistance David Harden
USAID’s newly confirmed Assistant Administrator for Democracy, Conflict, and Humanitarian Assistance David Harden will participate in a telephonic press briefing to share the news of additional U.S. funding for the response to southern Africa’s El Niño-related drought. This funding will coincide with President Khama’s official launch of the Southern African Development Community (SADC)’s regional appeal for $ 2.4 billion in assistance, which will take place in Botswana on July 26. The United States has already provided almost $ 400 million in relief and development programs to mitigate the drought’s impacts across southern Africa.
The call is scheduled for 15:00 GMT on Wednesday, July 27. A full media advisory with Assistant Administrator Harden’s biography and background information for the call will be sent on Monday.
Distributed by APO on behalf of U.S. Department of State.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Kings focus on Cheetahs match – Port Elizabeth Business News - 22 January 2020
- Opportunity to prove ourselves says Kings coach Kempson ahead of Cheetahs clash – Port Elizabeth in the News - 22 January 2020
- Calls for full forensic investigation into Jubilee Park Primary construction - 22 January 2020
- Doron Blackman - 22 January 2020
- Follow the Ladies – Team Sailing League Regatta - 22 January 2020