Geoff McGregor, NSRI East London station commander, said:
At around 10h34, Saturday 24th December, NSRI East London duty crew dispatched our sea rescue craft Spirit of Lotto following a request for assistance from a Canadian yacht Sara M, with a man and a woman onboard, requesting assistance to get into Port.
Their last Port of call was Port Louis, Mauritius.
On arrival on the scene a tow-line was rigged and in rough seas with a 5 meter swell and a 55 knot gale force wind we towed the 20 meter yacht into Port without incident and they required no further assistance.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Masualle – E Cape’s job creation efforts reaping rewards - 15 February 2019
- Let’s put the size of SA’s Automotive Market in Persepective - 15 February 2019
- Lisa Yengeni - 15 February 2019
- Living from pay cheque to pay cheque? - 15 February 2019
- How will the 2019 Budget Speech affect you? - 15 February 2019