Geoff McGregor, NSRI East London station commander, said:
At around 10h34, Saturday 24th December, NSRI East London duty crew dispatched our sea rescue craft Spirit of Lotto following a request for assistance from a Canadian yacht Sara M, with a man and a woman onboard, requesting assistance to get into Port.
Their last Port of call was Port Louis, Mauritius.
On arrival on the scene a tow-line was rigged and in rough seas with a 5 meter swell and a 55 knot gale force wind we towed the 20 meter yacht into Port without incident and they required no further assistance.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Surf the Crest (Safely) with a ‘Top Secret’ Electric Cruising Catamaran - 17 June 2019
- New career paths carved out for youth - 17 June 2019
- Geared up to Meet Growing International Demand - 17 June 2019
- Leading the way in youth development - 17 June 2019
- Atmospheric water generator produces up to 900 litres of water per day - 16 June 2019