Port Elizabeth, 5 May 2017: The South African National Roads Agency SOC Ltd (SANRAL) has announced a R90 million special maintenance project of the R62, Section 8 from Kareedouw to N2 interchange in the Eastern Cape.
The project, which started in March, will take place over a duration of 15 months, while stop and go sections are being implemented. There will be a 4km road closure with a maximum of three stop-and-go sections.
“The roadworks comprise special maintenance of the R62 section 8 from Kareedouw to N2 interchange. The roadworks will span 4km and we request motorists to observe and obey warning signs and reduced speed limits. Exercise extreme caution when travelling through the construction work zones,” said Mbulelo Peterson, SANRAL Southern Region Manager.
The special maintenance entails adding shoulders at unsafe locations and where extreme edge break is observed. It also includes reworking some of the pavement layers.
The maintenance include the existing road, which leads to Kareedouw. This road was declared a national road in 2012 and a special maintenance project has been identified to improve riding quality, safety and also preserve the road assert.
“The community is benefitting from this project through the improvement of road safety, street lighting in Kareedouw and pedestrian facilities.”
Source: Port Elizabeth – MyPR.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Kevin Peraza Wins Best Trick Event with Never-Been-Done 180 Backflip Tailwhip over a spine. – MyPR.co.za - 23 August 2019
- 16 Bedroom Apartment / Flat for Sale in Port Elizabeth Central – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 August 2019
- Commercial Property for Sale in Cotswold – Port Elizabeth Business News - 22 August 2019
- Spring special at Dempsey’s Guest House – Featured Blog - 22 August 2019
- ACSA creates wheelchair-friendly options at PE airport – MyPR.co.za - 22 August 2019