The donation is part of an initiative by the municipality to keep learners at school and bring dignity to a girl child.
Speaking at the Alfonso Aries, the Executive Mayor encouraged boys at the school not to make fun or jokes about girls that are on periods in their schools. “I am happy that we were offered time to interact with the learners more especially the boys. I want to send a message to boys to start respecting and supporting their sisters and peers now. Boys need to understand that menstruation is not a thing to be laughed at, they must instead support their peers when that happens, if they continue to do that, it actually degrades the girl child. We also want to thank Khethimpilo for mobilising these resources, it will go a long way in securing the future of a girl child,” said Executive Mayor Trollip.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- SPCA Closure Averted - 10 January 2019
- Pay your traffic fines ONLY at the Traffic Department - 23 December 2018
- No ‘Christmas Box’ for Municipal Workers - 11 December 2018
- Walmer Area Water Shutdown - 29 November 2018
- Commitments from Bobani - 27 November 2018