The donation is part of an initiative by the municipality to keep learners at school and bring dignity to a girl child.
Speaking at the Alfonso Aries, the Executive Mayor encouraged boys at the school not to make fun or jokes about girls that are on periods in their schools. “I am happy that we were offered time to interact with the learners more especially the boys. I want to send a message to boys to start respecting and supporting their sisters and peers now. Boys need to understand that menstruation is not a thing to be laughed at, they must instead support their peers when that happens, if they continue to do that, it actually degrades the girl child. We also want to thank Khethimpilo for mobilising these resources, it will go a long way in securing the future of a girl child,” said Executive Mayor Trollip.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Public meetings for businesses and residents on Isuzu IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship route - 13 August 2018
- Decorate and sell your IRONMAN figurine at the World Champs - 8 August 2018
- NMB launches tourism forums to boost tourism - 8 August 2018
- Alleged Riotous Drunk Driver Wounded in the …. - 7 August 2018
- Mandela Bay taking harsh action against City’s rogue landlords - 2 August 2018