Sally has a private residence that she has owned for 3 years and estimates her bill for cleaning, accelerated maintenance and loss of value for her asset from the Manganese Ore Facility in the Port of Port Elizabeth to be approximately R15 600 PLUS “Millions if I end up in ICU”.
Sally says the Manganese Ore Facility and Tank Farm should move as; “Port Elizabeth needs a clean, attractive harbour development incorporating the entire waterfront and Baakens Valley. We can no longer be a cheap dumping ground for Transnet’s monstrous mountain of muck. Let them make profits elsewhere, PE needs tourism and JOBS!! Flats and homes facing Kings Beach including many where elderly and medically unwell people live are subject to constant nose- and lung-irritating dust, as far away as Summer Dunes and most likely Walmer Township as well in a big blow. Enough already! #muckheapmustfall ??”
See more here: Manganese ore – Just Say No.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Port Elizabeth brings its best to the 2019 ENGEN Pitch & Polish event - 15 July 2019
- Implementing Liquefied Natural Gas with Coega as the Hub - 15 July 2019
- Leopard relocation dispute – Buffalo Kloof Private Game Reserve’s response - 15 July 2019
- Filipino Crewman Evacuated off Bulk Carrier - 15 July 2019
- One More Reason Why Foreign Visitors are a God Send - 15 July 2019