Ian Gray, NSRI Port Elizabeth station commander, said:
At 13h43, Tuesday, 27th November, NSRI Port Elizabeth duty crew were activated by the Transnet National Ports Authority (TNPA) to assist a yacht adrift with motor mechanical failure and unable to enter Port under sail, off-shore of the Breakwater, Port of Port Elizabeth.
The sea rescue craft Spirit of Toft was launched and on arrival on the scene a towline was rigged and the yacht was towed into Port without incident and moored at her moorings and no further assistance was required.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- One Step Closer for Fish Farms in Algoa Bay as DAFF Receives EA - 28 February 2020
- First Southern Kings start for 23 year-old - 28 February 2020
- Irish internationals return to Connacht squad for Isuzu Southern Kings clash - 28 February 2020
- 100 First aid kits handed over to local schools - 28 February 2020
- Loadshedding? Possibly, Maybe! - 28 February 2020