Ian Gray, NSRI Port Elizabeth station commander, said:
At 13h43, Tuesday, 27th November, NSRI Port Elizabeth duty crew were activated by the Transnet National Ports Authority (TNPA) to assist a yacht adrift with motor mechanical failure and unable to enter Port under sail, off-shore of the Breakwater, Port of Port Elizabeth.
The sea rescue craft Spirit of Toft was launched and on arrival on the scene a towline was rigged and the yacht was towed into Port without incident and moored at her moorings and no further assistance was required.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Unabridged birth certificates no longer required for overseas tourists - 15 October 2019
- How to Recognise the Red Flags of Abuse - 15 October 2019
- Doughnut anyone? - 15 October 2019
- It appears that vegetarianism has not hit Johannesburg yet - 15 October 2019
- Hello MyJHB.co.za - 15 October 2019