The SACP (Mbuyiselo Ngwenda District) condemns the pollical meddling by the Regional Task team of the ANC in the affairs of the Municipality. In an article carried out by the Herald Newspaper, both Nceba Faku and Babalwa Lobishe allege that they will reshuffle the Mayoral Committee. We view this political gimmick as an attempt to get access to the resources of the Municipality and nothing else.
In the past we have pleaded with this task team to focus on its primary mandate, which is to build the structures of the ANC in the region and not to involve themselves with the local government issues. They have been behaving like a constitutionally elected structure since they were appointed. We have implored them on several occasions to respect the existing alliance structures. As expected, they did not consult the alliance partners on this so-called reshuffle wish.
The SACP want to warn the Task Team to stop with its arrogance and engage its partners, as this is a matter that needs need sober minds and proper engagements. We want to remind them that all the alliance partners were on the ground campaigning and therefore, they cannot be side-lined when these decisions are to be taken. We reiterate our stance that they will not get into the council through the back door.
The SACP Mbuyiselo Ngwenda District will suspend all its alliance meetings with the ANC till further notice.
SACP District Spokesperson
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Uitenhage News: Baby Standard Memory Foam Matrass - 19 August 2019
- Crime-ridden Kuyga Primary School burgled seven times in one month - 19 August 2019
- Port: Elizabeth Warren’s attack on the Dakota Access Pipeline is why so many Republicans tolerate Donald Trump – Port Elizabeth in the News - 19 August 2019
- The Bosasa Billions: The Watsons and the arson charges – Port Elizabeth Business News - 19 August 2019
- Baby found dumped in bin on Port Elizabeth beachfront – Port Elizabeth in the News - 19 August 2019