The SACP (Mbuyiselo Ngwenda District) condemns the pollical meddling by the Regional Task team of the ANC in the affairs of the Municipality. In an article carried out by the Herald Newspaper, both Nceba Faku and Babalwa Lobishe allege that they will reshuffle the Mayoral Committee. We view this political gimmick as an attempt to get access to the resources of the Municipality and nothing else.
In the past we have pleaded with this task team to focus on its primary mandate, which is to build the structures of the ANC in the region and not to involve themselves with the local government issues. They have been behaving like a constitutionally elected structure since they were appointed. We have implored them on several occasions to respect the existing alliance structures. As expected, they did not consult the alliance partners on this so-called reshuffle wish.
The SACP want to warn the Task Team to stop with its arrogance and engage its partners, as this is a matter that needs need sober minds and proper engagements. We want to remind them that all the alliance partners were on the ground campaigning and therefore, they cannot be side-lined when these decisions are to be taken. We reiterate our stance that they will not get into the council through the back door.
The SACP Mbuyiselo Ngwenda District will suspend all its alliance meetings with the ANC till further notice.
SACP District Spokesperson
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Makhanda News: Shanghai Jazz Stars set to perform in Cape Town - 20 June 2019
- Bhisho News: Weather forecast forBhisho, Eastern Cape (South Africa) - 20 June 2019
- Mthatha News: ‘I don’t understand why this is my fault’: Backtracking frustrates student nurses - 20 June 2019
- King Williams Town News: 2012 Dodge Journey 3.6 V6 R/t A/t for sale in Eastern Cape - 20 June 2019
- Madibaz golfers primed for USSA title defence – MyPR.co.za - 20 June 2019