Springbok coach, Allister Coetzee, accompanied by Beast Mtawarira, Siya Kolisi, Jesse Kriel, Francois Venter and Curwin Bosch hoisted a giant flag on Saturday morning in support of the SA Rugby 2023 Rugby World Cup Bid campaign. The Springbok coach and players hoisted the huge banner shortly after the daily ceremonial raising of the South African flag at the Donkin Reserve in the Port Elizabeth city centre. The bid flag will fly for a full in the city, where the Boks’ opening fixture of the 2017 Castle Lager Rugby Championship against Argentina will be staged on 19 August. The Boks were accompanied by Councillor Andrew Whitfield, the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality MMC for Economic Development, Tourism and Agriculture.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Are you up! for a speed challenge? - 16 August 2017
- If the Cold Snap and 148.9 mm Rain fills our dams then Bring It On! - 16 August 2017
- Forcing transparency and accountability in municipalities - 16 August 2017
- Southern Kings retain Deon Davids for Guinness Pro14 - 15 August 2017
- The Economic Impact of the Springboks test could be North of R150 Million - 15 August 2017