Springbok coach, Allister Coetzee, accompanied by Beast Mtawarira, Siya Kolisi, Jesse Kriel, Francois Venter and Curwin Bosch hoisted a giant flag on Saturday morning in support of the SA Rugby 2023 Rugby World Cup Bid campaign. The Springbok coach and players hoisted the huge banner shortly after the daily ceremonial raising of the South African flag at the Donkin Reserve in the Port Elizabeth city centre. The bid flag will fly for a full in the city, where the Boks’ opening fixture of the 2017 Castle Lager Rugby Championship against Argentina will be staged on 19 August. The Boks were accompanied by Councillor Andrew Whitfield, the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality MMC for Economic Development, Tourism and Agriculture.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Meanwhile, in Stanford Road THIS is happening - 20 July 2018
- Tickets for Springboks vs Australia in Port Elizabeth - 20 July 2018
- SETA’s robbing the youth of the opportunity to participate in our economy - 20 July 2018
- SANRAL: We are more than just the e-toll guys - 19 July 2018
- Repo rate unchanged at 6.5% - 19 July 2018