With only a week to go St George‘s Park is gearing up to host the 2nd SA vs West Indies Sunfoil Test match which starts on Boxing Day 26th December.
Both teams will arrive in the Friendly City on Monday 22 December – West Indies at 12:50 and the Proteas at 14:05 and we hope to give both teams a warm welcome to our great City.
Practices will be open to the public and are as follows:
- Tuesday 23rd December: SA 09:30-12:30 and WI 13:30-16:30
- Wednesday 24th December: WI 09:30-12:30 and SA 13:30-16:30
- Thursday 25th December (TBC): SA 09:30-12:30 and WI 13:30-16:30
Nelson Mandela Bay has just very successfully hosted the IRB 7’s and the support for the this event was phenomenal. “We really hope that Nelson Mandela Bay sports fans will come out and support the Protea’s in the same way they did the Blitzbokke – the atmosphere and vibe was brilliant and we would like to show the rest of the country that we have the best fans. To keep the Protea Fire burning we need to fill the stadium and show our support,” said EP Cricket President Donovan May.
Ticket office hours:
- Thursday 18th – Friday 19th December from 08:30-16:00
- Saturday 20th – Sunday 21st December from 09:00-14:00
- Monday 22nd – Tuesday 23rd December from 08:30-16:00
- Wednesday 24th December from 08:30-15:00
- Thursday 25th December – CLOSED
Tickets will be available on match days from 08:00 and start at R30.
The match will get underway each day at 10:30 and gates will open at 08:30.
Fans are reminded that only plastic containers with food and beverages will be allowed. Prohibited items include alcohol, weapons, gas braai’s, any glass containers and beach umbrella’s.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Why Your Discarded Fishing Line is a KILLER - 14 June 2019
- Port Elizabeth’s Top 10 Most Watched Videos - 14 June 2019
- My 5c – Let’s not greet The Ocean Race with a FISH FARM - 13 June 2019
- A Gamble that didn’t pay off - 12 June 2019
- Min Dae as Port of Ngqura Tank Farm is on track - 12 June 2019