September 27, 2016 – The South African National Roads Agency Soc Ltd (SANRAL) would like to advise motorists of planned roadworks taking place during the day and night on the N2 in Port Elizabeth.
Day shift starting from today (Tuesday, 27 September):
Cadle Street over the N2 at Continental will have stop-and-go sections in place as work will be done on bridge joints.
There are still lane restrictions on the Burman South Bound bridge (M4 to Summerstrand) as work continues on bridge joints.
Roadstud installation will continue in a Westerly direction during the day between William Moffet and Bramlin interchanges. Single lane traffic will be in place. The road will be re-opened at 16h00.
Night roadworks will take place from tonight, Tuesday, September 27.
Tonight the William Moffett East bound on-and-off ramp will be closed, use other ramps as detour.
On Wednesday, September 28, the William Moffett West bound on-and-off ramp will be closed, use other ramps as detour.
On Thursday, September 29, the William Moffett West bound on-and-off ramp will be closed, use other ramps as detour on After Thursday, the night shift will only restart next Wednesday October 5.
There will be message boards up to notify motorists of the roadworks.
“Motorists are asked to adhere to the speed limit to keep workers safe, plan their trips accordingly and to use caution when making use of the road,” said Mbulelo Peterson, SANRAL Southern Region’s Regional Manager.
SANRAL apologises for any inconvenience caused.
Source: Port Elizabeth – MyPR.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Missing Cape Town child reunited with family as search for missing PE boy continues – Port Elizabeth in the News - 8 December 2019
- Flying – Team Sailing League Regatta - 8 December 2019
- Which tipples are the Bearded Gin Guy’s current faves? – Port Elizabeth Business News - 8 December 2019
- PE police search for missing 7-year-old boy – Port Elizabeth in the News - 8 December 2019
- Take me Down to the Beach - 8 December 2019