September 26, 2016 – The South African National Roads Agency Soc Ltd (SANRAL) would like to advise motorists that roadworks on the N2 from Wilsonia to the N6 outside East London will continue this week.
The East Bound fast lane on the N2 in the direction of Butterworth/Mthatha (from km 5.2 road marker to Amalinda Bridge km 9.2) will be closed from 15:00 on Thursday, 29 September to 10:00 on Monday, 3 October. On and off ramps will remain open to traffic.
A closure is scheduled for the slow lane between Nahoon River (km 15.5) and the Western Avenue Bridge from 06:00 on Tuesday, 27 September to 15:00 on Thursday, 29 September.
Another closure is scheduled on the fast lane between km 5.2 where the project starts and Amalinda Bridge (km 9.2), from 10:00 on Monday, 3 October to 10:00 on Thursday, 6 October.
Please be advised this is a dual carriageway, thus one lane will remain open to traffic. The R102 may be used as an alternative route.
“Motorists are asked to plan their trips accordingly, and to be cautious when making use of the road,” said Mbulelo Peterson, SANRAL Southern Region’s regional manager.
SANRAL apologizes for any inconvenience caused.
Source: Eastern Cape – MyPR.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Azamara® Expands Partnership with World Wildlife Fund to Unveil Destination Conservation Shore Excursions and Themed-Sailings, a First for WWF – Port Elizabeth in the News - 12 December 2019
- Farmers turn to government en masse as EC drought worsens – MyPR.co.za - 12 December 2019
- Madibaz women take bronze at USSA water polo week – MyPR.co.za - 12 December 2019
- Warren and the Lightweight – Team Sailing League Regatta - 12 December 2019
- Mamelodi floods: “I watched as my shack was swept away” – News from GroundUp - 12 December 2019