Roadworks will be taking place throughout this week in Port Elizabeth, within the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality area in the Eastern Cape.
The South African National Roads Agency Ltd (SANRAL) would like to advise motorists of the following disruptions:
- The construction of concrete lined drains will continue past the Bluewater Bay interchange in an easterly direction. There will be lane closures with a double lane being merged into a single traffic lane. Work is to continue throughout the week.
- The asphalt overlay works are to continue between Settlers and the Commercial interchange in both directions. There will be lane closures with the double lanes merged into a single traffic lane. Work will continue throughout the week.
- The resealing of the road is to continue in both directions at Neptune interchange. Work will continue throughout the week.
Reduced speed limits will also be enforced.
“Motorists must be observant of all lane closures and warning signs, and exercise extreme caution when travelling through the construction work zones,” said Mbulelo Peterson, Sanral Southern Region regional manager.
SANRAL apologises for any inconvenience caused.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Cops seize fong kong goods! – Port Elizabeth in the News - 21 November 2019
- Portfolio committee on Public Enterprises welcomes Eskom roadmap to reform – Port Elizabeth Business News - 20 November 2019
- Giants and Blitz seek to keep MSL momentum going – Port Elizabeth in the News - 20 November 2019
- Uitenhage News: Meet the accountant of the future - 20 November 2019
- Support Small Business in the Biggest Way Possible this Festive Season. Shop There. – MyPR.co.za - 20 November 2019