Roadworks will be taking place throughout this week in Port Elizabeth, within the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality area in the Eastern Cape.
The South African National Roads Agency Ltd (SANRAL) would like to advise motorists of the following disruptions:
- The construction of concrete lined drains will continue past the Bluewater Bay interchange in an easterly direction. There will be lane closures with a double lane being merged into a single traffic lane. Work is to continue throughout the week.
- The asphalt overlay works are to continue between Settlers and the Commercial interchange in both directions. There will be lane closures with the double lanes merged into a single traffic lane. Work will continue throughout the week.
- The resealing of the road is to continue in both directions at Neptune interchange. Work will continue throughout the week.
Reduced speed limits will also be enforced.
“Motorists must be observant of all lane closures and warning signs, and exercise extreme caution when travelling through the construction work zones,” said Mbulelo Peterson, Sanral Southern Region regional manager.
SANRAL apologises for any inconvenience caused.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Learners sent home after municipality cuts water supply to Pietermaritzburg school – News from GroundUp - 21 January 2020
- Two arrested in sting operation for extorting building developer – Port Elizabeth Business News - 21 January 2020
- How to Manage the Risks When Buying To Rent – MyPR.co.za - 21 January 2020
- Five things we learned from England’s third Test win over South Africa – Port Elizabeth in the News - 21 January 2020
- Engen applauds top matrics and moves to include STEM subjects in 2020 – MyPR.co.za - 21 January 2020