August 04, 2016 – The South African National Roads Agency Ltd (SANRAL) would like to advise motorists that road closure will take place to allow a crane to lift drilling rigs onto the top of the cutting within the road reserve on Saturday, 6 August 2016 in the Ravelskloof cuttings, approximately 10km north of Jansenville on the R75 Section 4.
The National Road will be closed for up to one hour at a time between 09:00 am and 13:00 pm on Saturday, 6 August 2016.
Temporary signs have been erected along the route to advice motorists.
Alternative routes along the N10 to Gauteng and Port Elizabeth may be used.
Public travelling from Uitenhage to Graaff-Reinet or Graaff-Reinet to Uitenhage can use the R337 or R63 via Pearston. It should be noted that the R337 is not a surfaced road and the additional travel distance is approximately 55km.
“Motorists are asked to adhere to the speed limit to keep workers safe, plan their trips accordingly and to use caution when making use of the road,” said Mbulelo Peterson, SANRAL Southern Region’s Regional Manager.
SANRAL apologises for any inconvenience caused.
Source: Eastern Cape – MyPR.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Mthatha News: NINE LIFE SENTENCES FOR COP KILLERS! - 17 June 2019
- Uitenhage News: Weather forecast forUitenhage, Eastern Cape (South Africa) - 17 June 2019
- PE Business News: Mourners pay last respects to ANC stalwart Thobile Mhlahlo - 17 June 2019
- 24 Hour Dinghy Race – 2017 – Port Elizabeth - 17 June 2019
- Bhisho News: Buffalo City - 17 June 2019