Korsten was just a blot on Port Elizabeth’s landscape – riddled with plague and disease and a dreadful slum.
That is how the apartheid regime described the area in the 1950s amid one of the biggest forced removals in the country when more than 45,000 people were forcibly kicked out of the suburb and resettled in the townships of New Brighton or Kwazakhele.
Source: News Latest News.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- 3 Bedroom House for Sale in Port Elizabeth Central – Port Elizabeth Business News - 16 October 2019
- WATCH: Ntando Duma and daughter Sbahle steal the show at AFI Fashion Week – Port Elizabeth in the News - 16 October 2019
- Live Slow – Sail Fast - 16 October 2019
- 3 Bedroom Apartment / Flat for Sale in Port Elizabeth Central – Port Elizabeth in the News - 16 October 2019
- United Front pledges support for Nelson Mandela Bay Mayor Bobani – Port Elizabeth Business News - 15 October 2019