Korsten was just a blot on Port Elizabeth’s landscape – riddled with plague and disease and a dreadful slum.
That is how the apartheid regime described the area in the 1950s amid one of the biggest forced removals in the country when more than 45,000 people were forcibly kicked out of the suburb and resettled in the townships of New Brighton or Kwazakhele.
Source: News Latest News.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- PE Business News: Chippa take a huge gamble on defender Siyabonga Zulu - 16 January 2019
- Festive Season death toll on EC roads crisis - 16 January 2019
- Mthatha News: South Africa: Suspect Fatally Wounded Following Business Robbery - 16 January 2019
- Uitenhage News: Commercial Property for Sale in Uitenhage Central - 16 January 2019
- Gamtoos Tourism presents Gamtoos Bash – MyPR.co.za - 16 January 2019