Confirmation has been received from Mr Barry Martin, NMBM Director of Water and Sanitation, that the minimum supply of water has been restored to all areas of the Metro, including the streets in Gelvandale that had no supply yesterday.
However, a strong appeal is made to all residents to continue to use water sparingly and keep their consumption as low as possible.
Mr Martin added: “The Municipality wishes to thank residents for their cooperation and understanding over recent days, but implores them to continue to conserve water in every possible way. The excessive use of water at this stage will upset the finely balanced minimum supply of water to all areas of the Metro.”
Mr Martin also confirmed that welding work around the second broken pipeline (100 mm in diameter) has commenced, but that considerable work still needs to be done before this pipeline will be restored.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Possible Water Disruptions in parts of Nelson Mandela Bay - 24 January 2020
- No significant increase in dam levels despite recent intermittent rain - 23 January 2020
- Nine alleged drunk drivers nabbed by Traffic and Metro Police - 1 December 2019
- Festive Season Safety operations focus bearing fruit - 21 November 2019
- Bay still firmly in grip of drought - 19 November 2019