Statement by Nelson Mandela Bay Executive Mayor, Councillor Mongameli Bobani:
I want to express my relief at the current week-long break that has been confirmed by Eskom on the devastating load-shedding.
This challenge has had a serious negative effect on ordinary residents, both working and job seeking. It has also been felt by business, more especially Small and Medium businesses operating in our townships. The break will go a long way in relieving our people and businesses from the strain caused. I would also like to assure residents and business sector that we are and will be doing everything possible to cushion them from loadshedding effects by implementing a reasonable shedding process. As we continue to navigate this difficult period, which demands of us a serious balancing act, we will try by all means to keep the lights ON, when switching off, we will be sensitive to your daily needs and the broader development objectives of the City.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Top 50 Bay businesses heard - 16 June 2019
- Motherwell Still Without Water - 13 June 2019
- Motherwell Water Cuts - 12 June 2019
- Donations needed to ease plight of destitute Walmer families - 11 June 2019
- Promises to Developers and Investors in Nelson Mandela Bay - 5 June 2019