The DA in Nelson Mandela Bay heard the plight of a family in Zwide, Port Elizabeth and assisted in refurbishing their house.
Today I was assisted by Yusuf Cassim MP, Ngqura Constituency Leader, local Nelson Mandela Bay Councillors, volunteers and activist in handing the house over to the family.
Strong winds destroyed the roof of the house , shared by 12 people, in 2016.
The owner of the house, Nomfanelo Nyandeni (69), and other family members asked the ANC Councillor in Ward 20 for assistance, but were told to go ask the DA for help.
At a DA street meeting in 2018 the DA was informed of the family’s predicament and immediately started raising funds.
Ms Nyandeni was suffering from asthma and breathing problems as asbestos in the destroyed house, was being blown into the house.
Rain damage to the walls, floors and personal belongings was also extensive.
The funds raised were used to rebuild and paint the roof and also to paint the interior and exterior of the house.
The failing ANC has yet again proven that it is an uncaring government that feels nothing for the well-being of residents.
Only a DA government can build One South Africa for All.
You can download the pictures here, here, here and here.
DA EC Premier Candidate
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- First African Home Education Indaba Held – MyPR.co.za - 24 October 2019
- 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 200 Cgi Be for sale in Eastern Cape – Port Elizabeth in the News - 24 October 2019
- Three arrested, two firearms confiscated in East London – Port Elizabeth Business News - 23 October 2019
- Durban Skaterboarder Khule Ngebane Making Noise In Barcelona – MyPR.co.za - 23 October 2019
- Maimane resigns as DA leader, Trollip follows – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 October 2019