Sometimes when living in a wonderful city the residents fail to see the beauty and advantages.
Despite the gloom and doom talk centered mainly around the political kindergarten there are many positive things happening outside of the political space.
On the business side there are many companies waiting for budget approval for capex spend in excess of R300 million each.
I discovered that PE is a gateway for an immense number of foreign tourists on their way to our game parks – especially Addo.
Investment in Coega continues apace.
And on Twitter people are being very praiseworthy – see below for some of the comments over the last day or so:
- @kartakubra: @mype amazing city #PortElizabeth very friendly people! I miss them!
- @southafricaTO: @beeldshow Yeah, and @MyPE is one lucky dude to do it regularly #TravelChatSA I’m lucky enough to have cruised into PE on a big ship
- @southafricaTO: @beeldshow @MyPE *turning green* Port Elizabeth is one of the most underrated holiday destinations in South Africa. #TravelChatSA
- @Karoo_stories: @FinePlaces I love eating at the yacht club #freshfish #PortElizabeth #myfavouriteplace #localislekker #exploreEastetnCape #travelchatSA
- @travelopulent: “@FinePlaces: Q4 the yacht club in PE – sounds fancy but it’s not ‘view to die for’ #TravelChatSA pic.twitter.com/MaECYomATL” fabulous
- @beeldshow: A2: You have to into town in PortElizabeth, and just walk around. It’s a-maze-ing! #TravelChatSA #ExploreEasternCape
- @beeldshow: There’s some great architecture in Despatch. In the main road. @GoSocialSA @samarakaroo #TravelChatSA #ExploreEasternCape
- @FireflyAfrica: The Eastern Cape is the perfect combination of beach and bush, urban and rural, culture, people and nature #TravelChatSA
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Clyde Smithers Comments on the Most Beautiful Road Race - 21 January 2020
- Most Beautiful Road Race UNBOXING Video - 21 January 2020
- Why a Butterfly Tattoo? #alanusesbutterfliestopredictthewind - 21 January 2020
- Come join the #Sub2hourBus - 20 January 2020
- Why I Want to Give Up Social Media - 20 January 2020