The innovative public private partnership between the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality and the Uitenhage Golf Club on Winterhoek Drive, Uitenhage, that currently pays dividends for more than 20 young golf players of colour from KwaNobuhle and Rosedale, will receive a major boost today when a driving range will be opened at the Uitenhage Golf Club at 14:00 today.
Nelson Mandela Bay Executive Mayor Zanoxolo Wayile will officiate at the opening of the 300m driving range at the club after the city contributed approximately R400 000 towards the development of the driving range, two putting greens, a tee and lamp poles.
Allister de Kock, one of Nelson Mandela Bay’s most promising up and coming golfers and currently captain of the EP Development side, showed his steel when he was identified through this initiative.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Bay traffic law enforcement bolstered with revival of motorcycle unit - 14 August 2019
- These Areas Could Experience Water Cuts Tomorrow - 13 August 2019
- Burial Society to the Rescue - 8 August 2019
- Women to Join in Mayoral Charity Golf Day - 2 August 2019
- No Payments Made to Afrisec - 29 July 2019