The recent Splash Festival rains have come with an unexpected bonus in the form of a refund to hard hit taxpayers.
Speaking earlier today Executive Mayor of the Nelson Mandela Bay Metropole, Oom Ben Fihla, announced that the metropole would be “clawing back” 50% of the funds made available to host this weekend’s rained out Splash Festival in Port Elizabeth and issuing the recovered funds in the form of a credit to Summerstrand ratepayers to thank them for use of the area for the Splash Festival for the past 23 years.
It is not clear exactly which areas of Summerstrand will receive the windfall but more details will be communicated shortly.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Nine alleged drunk drivers nabbed by Traffic and Metro Police - 1 December 2019
- Festive Season Safety operations focus bearing fruit - 21 November 2019
- Bay still firmly in grip of drought - 19 November 2019
- Planned maintenance at the Lorraine electricity substation to continue - 24 October 2019
- Three Bay beaches retain coveted Blue Flag status and two more in pilot phase - 24 October 2019