Two suspects were arrested on Thursday, 7 April 2016 after they were found in possession of 67 bags of abalone with an estimated value of approximately R1 million.
The Route Patrol members of Cradock were doing routine patrols when they spotted a vehicle which failed to stop at an intersection in Cradock. The vehicle was subsequently stopped and upon searching the vehicle, police found 67 bags of abalone. Two suspects, both aged 30 years were arrested. The suspects are believed to have been on their way to Johannesburg.
They will be in court soon facing a charge of illegal Possession of Abalone.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Should I Turn it Off or Turn it On? - 17 January 2020
- Great news for prospective property buyers and homeowners alike - 17 January 2020
- Don’t be a hypocrite – do your bit - 17 January 2020
- Support for a Gun Free South Africa - 17 January 2020
- Heavy rains improve some dam levels - 16 January 2020