Two suspects were arrested on Thursday, 7 April 2016 after they were found in possession of 67 bags of abalone with an estimated value of approximately R1 million.
The Route Patrol members of Cradock were doing routine patrols when they spotted a vehicle which failed to stop at an intersection in Cradock. The vehicle was subsequently stopped and upon searching the vehicle, police found 67 bags of abalone. Two suspects, both aged 30 years were arrested. The suspects are believed to have been on their way to Johannesburg.
They will be in court soon facing a charge of illegal Possession of Abalone.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Unabridged birth certificates no longer required for overseas tourists - 15 October 2019
- How to Recognise the Red Flags of Abuse - 15 October 2019
- Doughnut anyone? - 15 October 2019
- It appears that vegetarianism has not hit Johannesburg yet - 15 October 2019
- Hello MyJHB.co.za - 15 October 2019