Two suspects were arrested on Thursday, 7 April 2016 after they were found in possession of 67 bags of abalone with an estimated value of approximately R1 million.
The Route Patrol members of Cradock were doing routine patrols when they spotted a vehicle which failed to stop at an intersection in Cradock. The vehicle was subsequently stopped and upon searching the vehicle, police found 67 bags of abalone. Two suspects, both aged 30 years were arrested. The suspects are believed to have been on their way to Johannesburg.
They will be in court soon facing a charge of illegal Possession of Abalone.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Kings and Cheetahs go Down Against Irish - 17 February 2019
- Masualle – E Cape’s job creation efforts reaping rewards - 15 February 2019
- Let’s put the size of SA’s Automotive Market in Persepective - 15 February 2019
- Lisa Yengeni - 15 February 2019
- Living from pay cheque to pay cheque? - 15 February 2019