“I heartily accept the motto, “That government is best which governs least”; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which also I believe — “That government is best which governs not at all”; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have. Government is at best but an expedient; but most governments are usually, and all governments are sometimes, inexpedient.”
Related Links: The 2016 Municipal Elections in Nelson Mandela Bay.
The 2016 Municipal Elections are over.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Nelson Mandela Bay River Mile - 20 February 2020
- This Week’s Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage 2 AND a Bit - 20 February 2020
- Guess Who Turns Two This Month? - 19 February 2020
- IRONMAN 4 the Kidz has made 2020 their year to make a significant difference - 19 February 2020
- SA’s average dam levels increase - 19 February 2020