Chapter 4 of the Municipal Systems Act, Act No. 32 of 2000, stipulates that a municipality must develop a culture of municipal governance that complements formal representative governance and must for this purpose encourage and create conditions for the local community to participate in the affairs of the Municipality. This includes the preparation, implementation and review of its Integrated Development Plan in terms of Chapter 5.
During the period from Monday, 19 September to Thursday, 27 October 2016 the Municipality will be conducting a series of public meetings on its adopted Integrated Development Plan (IDP) and Budget.
All residents of the Nelson Mandela Bay, including stakeholders, civil society, government departments and parastatals, are encouraged to participate in these meetings in order to improve development and service delivery in Nelson Mandela Bay. These public consultations will be led by the Executive Mayor and the Mayoral Committee.
Please attend the public meeting for Wards 1, 2, 3 & 5 on Tuesday 20 September 2016 from 18h00 to 20h00 at the City Hall.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Surf the Crest (Safely) with a ‘Top Secret’ Electric Cruising Catamaran - 17 June 2019
- New career paths carved out for youth - 17 June 2019
- Geared up to Meet Growing International Demand - 17 June 2019
- Leading the way in youth development - 17 June 2019
- Atmospheric water generator produces up to 900 litres of water per day - 16 June 2019