Chapter 4 of the Municipal Systems Act, Act No. 32 of 2000, stipulates that a municipality must develop a culture of municipal governance that complements formal representative governance and must for this purpose encourage and create conditions for the local community to participate in the affairs of the Municipality. This includes the preparation, implementation and review of its Integrated Development Plan in terms of Chapter 5.
During the period from Monday, 19 September to Thursday, 27 October 2016 the Municipality will be conducting a series of public meetings on its adopted Integrated Development Plan (IDP) and Budget.
All residents of the Nelson Mandela Bay, including stakeholders, civil society, government departments and parastatals, are encouraged to participate in these meetings in order to improve development and service delivery in Nelson Mandela Bay. These public consultations will be led by the Executive Mayor and the Mayoral Committee.
Please attend the public meeting for Wards 1, 2, 3 & 5 on Tuesday 20 September 2016 from 18h00 to 20h00 at the City Hall.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Budget 2019 – The Agriculture outcomes - 20 February 2019
- A new fuel tax without clarity is unacceptable - 20 February 2019
- The Full 2019 Budget Speech - 20 February 2019
- Plans in Place to Prevent PE Running out of Fuel - 20 February 2019
- Budget 2019 – Is it too late to slip in some Renewable Energy incentives, Pravin? - 20 February 2019