Yours truly finds it ironic for the Proudly South African campaign to complain about the Democratic Alliance’s apparent disrespect by using its logo willy-nilly (Sunday Times advert, 2nd July 2017, page 11) considering that they have been giving me a run-around for years regarding the origins of the institution’s name.
In a nutshell, yours truly believes that the Proudly South African TERM was inspired by his APRIL 1996 True Love magazine’s Letter-Of-The-Month WINNING Article, titled – “Be Proud South Africa !” That particular issue has Melanie Son on the Front Cover and Media 24 ARCHIVES sent me the wrong copy, albeit with Melanie Son on the cover, upon a request for the confirmation of such copy’s existence.
Hopefully, the powers-to-be at Proudly South African would learn that being proud is not necessarily being vain, but big enough to give respect and credit where it is due too!
Luyanda Marlon Kama
Kwa-Dwesi, Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Shots fired following armed robbery at House and Home warehouse in Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth Business News - 23 August 2019
- Shots fired following armed robbery at House and Home warehouse in Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 August 2019
- Uitenhage News: South Africa: Small-Scale Farmers Demand Access to Land - 23 August 2019
- Kevin Peraza Wins Best Trick Event with Never-Been-Done 180 Backflip Tailwhip over a spine. – MyPR.co.za - 23 August 2019
- 16 Bedroom Apartment / Flat for Sale in Port Elizabeth Central – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 August 2019