Yours truly finds it ironic for the Proudly South African campaign to complain about the Democratic Alliance’s apparent disrespect by using its logo willy-nilly (Sunday Times advert, 2nd July 2017, page 11) considering that they have been giving me a run-around for years regarding the origins of the institution’s name.
In a nutshell, yours truly believes that the Proudly South African TERM was inspired by his APRIL 1996 True Love magazine’s Letter-Of-The-Month WINNING Article, titled – “Be Proud South Africa !” That particular issue has Melanie Son on the Front Cover and Media 24 ARCHIVES sent me the wrong copy, albeit with Melanie Son on the cover, upon a request for the confirmation of such copy’s existence.
Hopefully, the powers-to-be at Proudly South African would learn that being proud is not necessarily being vain, but big enough to give respect and credit where it is due too!
Luyanda Marlon Kama
Kwa-Dwesi, Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Omotoso whistle-blower donates food to PE homeless [video] - 16 February 2019
- 4 Bedroom House For Sale in Walmer, Port Elizabeth for R4 250 000 [video] - 16 February 2019
- Makhanda News: 2,000 students across SA to be awarded CETA bursaries - 16 February 2019
- Guest review from J. Mafukati. – Featured Blog - 15 February 2019
- Bhisho News: Opposition rips into EC Premier Phumulo Masualle’s Sopa ‘whitewash’ - 15 February 2019