Yours truly finds it ironic for the Proudly South African campaign to complain about the Democratic Alliance’s apparent disrespect by using its logo willy-nilly (Sunday Times advert, 2nd July 2017, page 11) considering that they have been giving me a run-around for years regarding the origins of the institution’s name.
In a nutshell, yours truly believes that the Proudly South African TERM was inspired by his APRIL 1996 True Love magazine’s Letter-Of-The-Month WINNING Article, titled – “Be Proud South Africa !” That particular issue has Melanie Son on the Front Cover and Media 24 ARCHIVES sent me the wrong copy, albeit with Melanie Son on the cover, upon a request for the confirmation of such copy’s existence.
Hopefully, the powers-to-be at Proudly South African would learn that being proud is not necessarily being vain, but big enough to give respect and credit where it is due too!
Luyanda Marlon Kama
Kwa-Dwesi, Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Makhanda News: More than a bucket and a plaster to fix rural healthcare - 23 April 2019
- PE Business News: Is your legacy PBX putting your business at risk? - 23 April 2019
- Ironman 2019 – Tandem Bike - 23 April 2019
- Mthatha News: It’s about ideology, rather than biology for ATM’s 31-year-old leader - 23 April 2019
- Seki Women’s Foundation – New Brighton Port Elizabeth [video] - 23 April 2019