With regard to the protest by the housing Small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) contractors outside the City Hall in Nelson Mandela Bay claiming that they have not been paid for work done, Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality City Manager Mpilo Mbambisa said his office is dealing with the matter to ensure a “speedy and positive outcome for all concerned”.
“We fully understand their plight as developing contractors, and it is our every intention to ensure that they get paid on time, every time, without any hiccups. Unfortunately, the province has changed the system of releasing funds to municipalities and this, in turn, has meant that we have not yet received the funds (from province) to pay them.
“But I am taking the bull by the horns on this matter, and am engaging with our Executive Director for Human Settlements as well as the Chief Financial Officer, so that we reach a speedy resolution,” Mbambisa said. – SAnews.gov.za
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- The Top Table - 16 August 2019
- 2 deceased in tragic boating accident - 16 August 2019
- OUTA plans to challenge the AARTO Amendment Act - 16 August 2019
- 10 Out of 11 Isuzu Southern Kings Games to be played at NMB Stadium - 16 August 2019
- The scene from which the Team Sailing League will kick off on 14 September 2019 - 16 August 2019