South Africa have recorded an emphatic victory over India in the first Test at SuperSport Park, Centurion, on Monday.
The Proteas defeated India by an innings and 25 runs, after only having to bowl 35 balls on the final day. India were dismissed 459 all out.
Indian veteran Sachin Tendulkar, who became the first cricketer in Test history to score 50 centuries, remained unbeaten on 111.
South Africa made 620 for four, declared in their first innings, after India failed dismally in their first, scoring only 136 all out.
The Man of the Match honour was awarded to Jacques Kallis for his maiden double ton.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Should I Turn it Off or Turn it On? - 17 January 2020
- Great news for prospective property buyers and homeowners alike - 17 January 2020
- Don’t be a hypocrite – do your bit - 17 January 2020
- Support for a Gun Free South Africa - 17 January 2020
- Heavy rains improve some dam levels - 16 January 2020