Anchor Research & Monitoring (Pty) Ltd (Anchor) was appointed by the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) as the Environmental Assessment Practitioner (EAP) to conduct the Basic Assessment (BA) process for an Environmental Authorisation (EA) application in terms of the National Environmental Management Act (Act 107 of 1998) (NEMA) for a proposed sea-based Aquaculture Development Zone (ADZ) in Algoa Bay, Eastern Cape.
A pre-application phase public meeting for the proposed project will take place as follows:
An application for Environmental Authorisation has NOT yet been submitted to the competent authority (i.e. National Department of Environmental Affairs).
The objective of the pre-application meeting is to provide an overview of the proposed project and to present the preliminary results of the environmental impact assessment. The commenting period will be opened at the public meeting and will be concluded on the 5th April 2019 (end of business).
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Standard Bank IRONMAN 70.3 South Africa Entries Open - 21 May 2019
- Traditional welcome for Anna of The Ocean Race technical team - 21 May 2019
- Working on the pitch - 21 May 2019
- Is your business covered for loss of income? - 20 May 2019
- Stadium ‘sails’ - 20 May 2019