Productive businesses in the Eastern Cape scoop prestigious awards
Three well deserving Eastern Cape companies walked away with prestigious productivity awards at the annual Eastern Cape Regional Productivity Awards held at Red Ribbon Papers in King Williams Town on Friday (21-06-2019).
The regional awards provide a platform to inspire a competitive and productive South Africa. Productivity improvement is considered the most effective way of ensuring ongoing competitiveness, economic growth and the creation of decent employment.
South Africa currently faces major challenges such as a need to create employment opportunities, stimulate economic growth and reduce poverty. If South Africa is to reduce unemployment and poverty whilst stimulating economic growth, the country should place emphasis on developing productive capacity in all sectors of the economy
The concept of awards is based on the premise that developing productive capacity, in a broader social context, is concerned with how well available resources in South Africa are utilised to generate well-distributed wealth both tangible and intangible.
The awards were divided into three categories with all finalists receiving certificates and the winners in all categories also receiving the productivity golden awards.
The winners were:
- Emerging Sector – Mazoyi Group (Pty) Ltd
- Co-operative Sector – Xhobani Multi Purpose Primary Co-operative
- Public Sector – SEDA Nelson Mandela Bay
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Not keen to fly? Here’s how to get to Port Elizabeth from Joburg – Port Elizabeth in the News - 8 December 2019
- Mystery Limpopo outfit gets multi-million rand Lottery contract for old age home in Mpumalanga – News from GroundUp - 7 December 2019
- Bobani to challenge ousting in court – Port Elizabeth Business News - 7 December 2019
- The writing is on the wall for Eskom and our economy - 7 December 2019
- Former Boks boss to help Kings – Port Elizabeth in the News - 7 December 2019