Productive businesses in the Eastern Cape scoop prestigious awards
Three well deserving Eastern Cape companies walked away with prestigious productivity awards at the annual Eastern Cape Regional Productivity Awards held at Red Ribbon Papers in King Williams Town on Friday (21-06-2019).
The regional awards provide a platform to inspire a competitive and productive South Africa. Productivity improvement is considered the most effective way of ensuring ongoing competitiveness, economic growth and the creation of decent employment.
South Africa currently faces major challenges such as a need to create employment opportunities, stimulate economic growth and reduce poverty. If South Africa is to reduce unemployment and poverty whilst stimulating economic growth, the country should place emphasis on developing productive capacity in all sectors of the economy
The concept of awards is based on the premise that developing productive capacity, in a broader social context, is concerned with how well available resources in South Africa are utilised to generate well-distributed wealth both tangible and intangible.
The awards were divided into three categories with all finalists receiving certificates and the winners in all categories also receiving the productivity golden awards.
The winners were:
- Emerging Sector – Mazoyi Group (Pty) Ltd
- Co-operative Sector – Xhobani Multi Purpose Primary Co-operative
- Public Sector – SEDA Nelson Mandela Bay
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Winds of change for Bafana Bafana – Port Elizabeth Business News - 14 October 2019
- PE murder victim still not identified – Port Elizabeth in the News - 14 October 2019
- Latest news on claiming from the RAF in 2019 – MyPR.co.za - 14 October 2019
- View Tanks Contributing to The World’s First Bank For Water – MyPR.co.za - 14 October 2019
- 4 Bedroom Townhouse to Rent in Sherwood – Port Elizabeth in the News - 14 October 2019