What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order or subscribe to our newsletter.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions – Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails – The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to?keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be kept on file for more than 60 days.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
3rd Party Advertisers
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- 6 van Niekerk St. Port Elizabeth, South Africa
ADVERTISER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
www.MyPE.co.za (“MyPE”) offers on-line listing of commercial providers of goods and services (“Advertiser”). Listing on the MyPE website is subject to the following terms and conditions.
- The entire contents of the MyPE website is copyrighted.
- MyPE is not responsible for the design, maintenance or content of an Advertiser’s advertisements and / or web site.
- MyPE does not investigate any of the parties whose sites are listed and does not make any guaranty or warranty or assume any liability or responsibility for any such listing, nor can MyPE assist in complaints by any user of the listed information.
- All Advertisers agree that MyPE shall not be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of the use of any services or goods listed on the MyPE site.
- Invoicing is on a calendar month option or on a discounted annual, bi-annual or quarterly payment option.
- Monthly payments must be paid in advance, before the 1st of every month and no later than the 8th day of each respective month.
- MyPE reserves the right to deactivate your advert from the website for accounts in arrears of 30 days from the issuing of invoice, until payment of the full amount outstanding as well as proof thereof is received.
- The onus is on the lister to alert MyPE to the fact that payment of arrears amounts have been made.
- In the case of an Annual Advert being initiated after the 15th day of a particular month, invoicing will only commence with the next calendar month, i.e. the month of initiation will be deemed to be free.
- Annual payments are payable up front and in full for a 12 month listing period.
- Annual payments are non-refundable, regardless of the reason for the discontinuation of the Advert.
- MyPE shall not be liable for the repayment of any annual payments should MyPE for any reason whatsoever no longer be in a position to provide the Advert service.
- If any amount due and payable by the Advertiser is not paid within the agreed term (payment on delivery of invoice), the Advertiser shall be liable for interest at a rate of 2% above the prime lending rate of Capitec Bank.
CANCELLATION OF AN ADVERT
- Written notice to effect cancellation must be given on or before the 1st (first) day of the notice month.
- Notice of cancellation of the Advert must be in writing and must be faxed to e-mailed to ads[at]MyPE.co.za.
- MyPE will confirm the cancellation within 3 days of receipt of the notice to effect cancellation. If confirmation is not received from MyPE within 3 days, the Advertiser shall correspond with MyPE to establish if the notice of cancellation has in fact been received by MyPE.
- In the event of MyPE attorneys having to collect from the Advertiser an amount owing to MyPE, the Advertiser agrees to pay all costs on the scale as between attorney and own client, including collection charges.
- Any agreement purporting to vary the terms of these conditions or any consensual cancellation shall not be valid unless reduced to writing and signed by both the Advertiser and MyPE.
- MyPE can, at its discretion, reject an Advert if it is deemed to be untruthful or obectionable in subject matter or wording or unsuitable for any other reason.
- MyPE reserves the right to take their network of sites off-line for up to two days at a time for upgrading or maintenance without notice or compensation.
- MyPE reserves the right to cancel the contract between itself and any of its advertisers, for any reason it may be deemed necessary to cancel.
- Notice of cancellation will be given to the advertiser, in writing, on the day on which the advert is to be deactivated.
- MyPE is under no obligation to offer any explanation as to why the contract is being cancelled.
- Should the advertiser be owed any amount in regard to monthly or annual fees, such fees will be credited to the advertiser within one (1) week of notice of cancellation from MyPE to the advertiser.
- Should the advertiser owe any monies to MyPE in lieu of fees for advertising, such amount will be payable to MyPE within one (1) week of notice of cancellation from MyPE, as described above.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Child support grants cannot be used as income in credit applications - 19 July 2019
- New recycling process to help tackle the world’s plastic waste problem - 19 July 2019
- Port Employees Take #ActionAgainstPoverty - 18 July 2019
- Reserve Bank cuts repo rate by 25 basis points - 18 July 2019
- 50 SME’s to Benefit From Pro Bono Programme - 18 July 2019