President Jacob Zuma will on Tuesday, 25 April 2017, launch the Maluti-A-Phofung Special Economic Zone in Harrismith, in the Free State province.
The Maluti-A-Phofung Economic Zone is 1038-hectares land envisaged to accelerate economic growth and development in the region, as part of the Government’s programme of radical socio-economic change.
The Industrial Policy Action driven by the Department of Trade and Industry has identified strategic special economic zones across the country to enhance industrialisation, attract foreign direct investment as well as create employment.
The details of the launch are as follows:
Date: 25 April 2017
Venue: Maluti-A-Phofung Special Economic Zone, Tshiame, Harrismith, along the N3 Highway, Free State Province.
Members of the media should please send their names and ID/passport numbers to Khutjo Sebata on Khutjo@presidency.gov.za or Pulane Tsupane on firstname.lastname@example.org preferably not later than tomorrow on Friday, 21 April 2017. Members of the media are also requested to present their valid press cards at the point of entry to access the venue.
Distributed by APO on behalf of Republic of South Africa: The Presidency.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Dolphin Coast Challenge Gives McGregor and Furby Partnership Double Gold and National Titles - 22 August 2017
- Fincham Bearings and Industrial - 22 August 2017
- Grahamstown in the news: South Africa: Woman Wants Damages After Reservist Boyfriend Shot Her - 22 August 2017
- J-Bay in the news: Watch: A Fresh Slice of Filipe Toledo! - 22 August 2017
- PE in the news: AmaZulu players must keep their ‘feet on the ground’ - 22 August 2017