President Jacob Zuma will on Tuesday, 25 April 2017, launch the Maluti-A-Phofung Special Economic Zone in Harrismith, in the Free State province.
The Maluti-A-Phofung Economic Zone is 1038-hectares land envisaged to accelerate economic growth and development in the region, as part of the Government’s programme of radical socio-economic change.
The Industrial Policy Action driven by the Department of Trade and Industry has identified strategic special economic zones across the country to enhance industrialisation, attract foreign direct investment as well as create employment.
The details of the launch are as follows:
Date: 25 April 2017
Venue: Maluti-A-Phofung Special Economic Zone, Tshiame, Harrismith, along the N3 Highway, Free State Province.
Members of the media should please send their names and ID/passport numbers to Khutjo Sebata on Khutjo@presidency.gov.za or Pulane Tsupane on email@example.com preferably not later than tomorrow on Friday, 21 April 2017. Members of the media are also requested to present their valid press cards at the point of entry to access the venue.
Distributed by APO on behalf of Republic of South Africa: The Presidency.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Orange African Nations Championship opening ceremony, 12 Jan 2014 - 24 April 2017
- Mthatha news: EC cops arrest 8 linked to business robbery syndicate - 23 April 2017
- Local dancer makes history at World Championships! - 23 April 2017
- The Ocean Comrades Race – 4 Men in a Little Yacht - 23 April 2017
- PE in the news: Heidelberg police arrest suspect for woman’s murder - 23 April 2017