President Jacob Zuma, has today, Wednesday, 24 August 2016, on behalf of the Government and the people of South Africa, extended the country’s deepest condolences to the Republic of Italy following the earthquake that struck central Italy, in the regions of Lazio and Umbria, which resulted in the deaths of tens of citizens and extensive damage in several towns.
President Zuma said: “I wish to extend our condolences to H.E President Sergio Mattarella, the Government and the people of Italy. The people of South Africa share the pain and loss of the loved ones, their homes and property, and our thoughts and prayers go out to all the affected families. We also wish the injured a speedy recovery.”
South Africans in Italy or family members in South Africa requiring assistance, are requested to contact the South African Embassy in Rome or the Department at 012 351 1000.
Distributed by APO on behalf of Republic of South Africa: Department of Government Communication and Information.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Uber had track record of crashes before Arizona fatality – Port Elizabeth Business News - 14 November 2019
- 2 Bedroom House to Rent in Walmer Heights – Port Elizabeth in the News - 14 November 2019
- Secret Ballots Do Not Infringe On The Right To Strike – MyPR.co.za - 14 November 2019
- 3 Bedroom Townhouse to Rent in Greenshields Park – Port Elizabeth in the News - 14 November 2019
- Patel’s spokesman dodges questions on Lottery – News from GroundUp - 13 November 2019