On behalf of the Government and the People of the Republic of South Africa, His Excellency President Zuma has conveyed a message of condolences to the Government and the people of United Arab Emirates on the death of five of its diplomatic officials in a bomb blast on 10 January 2017 in Afghanistan.
The UAE officials died in an unprovoked attack on the Governor of Kandahar’s guesthouse where at least six individuals were killed including the deputy Governor, two senior Afghan officials and two Afghan Members of Parliament (MPs). Seventeen (17) people were wounded including the UAE Ambassador to Afghanistan.
The five UAE officials were on a mission to carry out humanitarian, educational and development projects in Afghanistan in support of bringing peace, security and stability to the country and people of Afghanistan.
The South African Government condemns this act of aggression, as well as the suicide attacks in Kabul, which has witnessed an increase in violence and extends its deepest condolences to the Government and People of Afghanistan and the United Arab Emirates in this moment of sadness and grief.
Distributed by APO on behalf of Republic of South Africa: Department of International Relations and Cooperation.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Uitenhage News: Kite flying at Uitenhage Market - 21 July 2019
- PE Business News: Jobberman’s New CEO Hilda Kabushenga Kragha Shares Experience - 21 July 2019
- King Williams Town News: 3 Bedroom House for Sale in King Williams Town Ext 30 - 20 July 2019
- Mthatha News: Nkonyeni hailed as a pillar of strength to young talent - 20 July 2019
- Bhisho News: Bench Talk / Off The Wire - 20 July 2019