President Jacob Zuma and President Donald Trump of the United States of America held a telephone conversation this afternoon, 13 February 2017 at the request of President Trump.
President Zuma congratulated President Trump on his election as the 45th president of the United States of America.
The two presidents reaffirmed their commitment to strengthening the already strong bilateral relations between the two countries. There are six hundred US companies in South Africa and strong trade relations between the two countries.
The two Presidents also discussed the need to work together on multilateral issues as well especially the quest for peace and stability on the African continent.
Distributed by APO on behalf of Republic of South Africa: The Presidency.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Omotoso whistle-blower donates food to PE homeless [video] - 16 February 2019
- 4 Bedroom House For Sale in Walmer, Port Elizabeth for R4 250 000 [video] - 16 February 2019
- Makhanda News: 2,000 students across SA to be awarded CETA bursaries - 16 February 2019
- Guest review from J. Mafukati. – Featured Blog - 15 February 2019
- Bhisho News: Opposition rips into EC Premier Phumulo Masualle’s Sopa ‘whitewash’ - 15 February 2019