President Jacob Zuma has congratulated the South African team of Paralympians for their outstanding performance that saw South Africa bagging two Gold medals so far in the 2016 Rio Paralympics Games in Brazil.
Gold medals have been won by swimmer Kevin Paul for the men's 100m breaststroke and Paul Langenhoven for the mens 7.07m long jump.
Tennis sensation Lucas Sithole also performed very well in the Tennis quad singles quarterfinals by beating Brazilian Ymanitu Silva to reach the semi-finals.
“We congratulate our athletes for winning Gold medals in Rio and raising the South African flag high. Our country stands fully behind them. We are especially appreciative of their capacity to rise against all odds and make the whole nation proud at every Paralympics Games,” said President Zuma.
Distributed by APO on behalf of Republic of South Africa: Department of Government Communication and Information.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Just a Common Leap - 20 February 2020
- PE Bowling Club - 20 February 2020
- National government must intervene in Chris Hani District water crisis - 20 February 2020
- Killer Whale off the Starboard Quarter - 20 February 2020
- Take a Drive With Me – Govan Mbeki to New Brighton [video] - 20 February 2020