The PE Opera House welcomes back it’s Poetry Festival – Praat to the Barn theatre this Thursday 18 April. This multi-lingual poetry festival, is bringing the best in the local poetry scene to the fore as 11 acts will taking to the stage.
The full one day programme will feature:
Phakama Mlokoti; Gqoboz’imbawula; with Fefeza Iz’khuthali zesiXhosa; Luxolo Luxolo; Olwethu Mxoli; Sihle Sofuthe and Nicole Naidoo and readings by Mthunzikazi & Leoni William hosted by Poeticsoul, Ayanda Billie and Dongadala.
There will also be a discussion on the meaning of ‘Freedom as a Poet’
This jam packed day will start at 11:00 at the Barn Theatre, PE Opera House and will run until 17:30 and entry is FREE.
The PRAAT Poetry Festival is on 18 April 2019 at The Barn Theatre, PE Opera House from 11h00 to 17h30. Admission is FREE – limited seating be sure to be early.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- State of Makhanda: joint stakeholder statement - 23 May 2019
- Repo rate unchanged - 23 May 2019
- Why B2B cheque payments are declining - 23 May 2019
- Comedy act will add spice to Humewood Golf Festival - 23 May 2019
- The proposed arena for The Ocean Race 2021 in NMB - 23 May 2019