Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University senior lecturer and Positive Organisational Scholarship (POS) consultant Dr Johan Schoeman will travel to the United States next week to conduct three workshops on POS, the dynamic leadership approach that places the focus on the positive potential of people and organisations.
The workshops, which take place on November 12 and 13 at St Cloud State University, Minnesota, are as a result of Schoeman’s invitation from St Cloud’s to be involved in Corporate Organisational Change interventions at the university.
“POS assists organisations in appreciating the hidden potential of employees, and in so doing contributes to higher levels of productivity, and ultimately, greater profitability. It is a dynamic approach which places the emphasis on people and their well-being, which is ultimately rewarded through high levels of positive energy, creativity, excellence and loyalty which offers a more sustainable approach to business success,” said Schoeman, a lecturer in the Department of Industrial and Organisational Psychology.
POS was first launched in the United States 13 years ago – and introduced in South Africa two years ago.
Schoeman’s PhD, completed in 2012, focused on the psychological well-being of companies.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Port Elizabeth brings its best to the 2019 ENGEN Pitch & Polish event - 15 July 2019
- Implementing Liquefied Natural Gas with Coega as the Hub - 15 July 2019
- Leopard relocation dispute – Buffalo Kloof Private Game Reserve’s response - 15 July 2019
- Filipino Crewman Evacuated off Bulk Carrier - 15 July 2019
- One More Reason Why Foreign Visitors are a God Send - 15 July 2019