The Port of Ngqura welcomed the container vessel, MV Seaspan Felixstowe, on her first call to the port on Saturday evening, 9 June 2018. Bringing new business to the Eastern Cape, she is scheduled to visit the port on a weekly basis – entering the port every Saturday and leaving it again every Sunday.
With her country of registry being Hong Kong, the vessel will be sailing from the Port of Durban to the Port of Ngqura on her way to Tianjin in China. At this stage she will be importing 300 containers and exporting 600 containers per visit. She is 260 m long, has a weight of 39 941 gross tonnage and has a capacity of 4 250 TEUs (Twenty-Foot Equivalent Units).
“The Port of Ngqura, which has a 1,5 million TEU capacity, is a growing port. During the 2017/18 financial year 57% of the port’s operational capacity was utilised. We welcome the new regular visitor to the port as it is good business and growth for the Eastern Cape and South African economy,” said Tandi Lebakeng, Ngqura Port Manager.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- ECDOH vs Coega Development Corporation – Arbitration Award - 23 September 2018
- Nel, Nkosi, Koch added to Springbok squad in PE - 23 September 2018
- Minister Edna Molewa passes away - 23 September 2018
- EP Fail to Emulate Kings - 23 September 2018
- Stunning Weekend for Isuzu Southern Kings - 23 September 2018