From Port Elizabeth featured a World First as the Port Elizabeth Campanile Bells played Nkosi Sikelel’ iAfrika
Published on 21 April 2017 the video highlights the absolutely world class work that has been done to the historic Campanile in Strand Street, Port Elizabeth. MyPE.co.za got to experience one of the ‘surprises’ of the work done on the bells and keyboard. http://straton.co.za were involved.
The 100 year old keyboard has had electronics added to it enabling a full range of music to be played and the bells are now also driven by computer allowing for the repertoire to be expanded somewhat.
The Campanile clarions range was tested with a special rendition of the South African National Anthem – Nkosi Sikelel’ iAfrika – being played.
Stirring stuff as this ancient monument is updated and ‘dragged’ into the 21st Century.
Click through to the next page to submit your YouTube video to MyPE to get more views and free exposure……
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Why Peugeot Models have an ‘8’ at the end - 20 September 2019
- New Isuzu Southern Kings Kit - 20 September 2019
- AWESOME Whale Watching trip - 20 September 2019
- Lusanda Badiyana: From Vietnam to Kings - 20 September 2019
- Qawe twins tackle their first national women’s rugby tour together - 20 September 2019