From Port Elizabeth featured a World First as the Port Elizabeth Campanile Bells played Nkosi Sikelel’ iAfrika
Published on 21 April 2017 the video highlights the absolutely world class work that has been done to the historic Campanile in Strand Street, Port Elizabeth. MyPE.co.za got to experience one of the ‘surprises’ of the work done on the bells and keyboard. http://straton.co.za were involved.
The 100 year old keyboard has had electronics added to it enabling a full range of music to be played and the bells are now also driven by computer allowing for the repertoire to be expanded somewhat.
The Campanile clarions range was tested with a special rendition of the South African National Anthem – Nkosi Sikelel’ iAfrika – being played.
Stirring stuff as this ancient monument is updated and ‘dragged’ into the 21st Century.
Click through to the next page to submit your YouTube video to MyPE to get more views and free exposure……
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Maintain your savings goals despite interest rate cut - 22 July 2019
- This is the Lonely Voice in the EV Wilderness Speaking…. - 22 July 2019
- Grey Hammers Grey - 21 July 2019
- So, Allow the Cynic in me to comment on Round Umpteen of the Proposed Fish Farm - 21 July 2019
- Colourful Kanu - 20 July 2019