Muneer Abader, Senior Manager: Regional Commercial Sales said at the cheque handover “Cell C have had 6 grand prize winners from various backgrounds over the 4 years – varying from R500 000 to R1 million. From a breadwinner looking after her family, to a retired husband and father whose business had closed down, the prize money has been life changing for all the winners. Like Cell C, Mega Hour is also about changing lives and giving back to the community”
Cell C launched Big Bucks, an SMS based trivia competition, in 2012. The competition was very popular with Cell C customers and it ran for three seasons up to December 2013.
In 2014, for the fourth season, Cell C decided to rebrand and relaunch Big Bucks – and Real Deal was born. One of our longest seasons, Real Deal 3 ran for 6 months and ended on 31 December 2015. Over 1.3 million customers took part in the competition.
The trivia competition has become a regular feature over the years as Cell C customers enjoy challenging themselves with the general knowledge questions as well as winning prizes. The trivia competition is only open to Cell C customers as a way for Cell C to reward customers for their loyalty.
In 2016, Real Deal was renamed Mega Hour. The competition ran for 60 days from 20 July and ended on 17 September 2016.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Kani Celebration: The Revolution Will not be Televised, The Revolution Will be Live - 24 February 2018
- Huncle and the Way to Eat an Ice cream - 23 February 2018
- Engcobo attack shows that crime is out of control - 22 February 2018
- Leinster vs Southern Kings - 22 February 2018
- ABYC Eviction Attempt – a personal view - 22 February 2018