The South African National Roads Agency Ltd (SANRAL) would like to advise motorists of roadworks taking place throughout this week in Port Elizabeth, within the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality in the Eastern Cape:
- Stanford undercuts started yesterday (Monday, 11 January 2016). There will be lane closures between the Stanford and William Moffett interchange in a westerly direction, with the double lane merging into a single traffic lane.
- Construction of concrete lined drains started yesterday (Monday, 11 January 2016) past the Bluewater Bay interchange in an easterly direction. There will be lane closures with a double lane being merged into a single traffic lane.
- Asphalt overlay is set to start today (Tuesday) or tomorrow (Wednesday) at Bluewater Bay in a westerly direction. There will be lane closures with the double lanes merged into a single traffic lane.
Motorists are urged to travel with caution, plan their trips in advance or take alternative routes.
Reduced speed limits will also be enforced.
Motorists are advised to be observant of all lane closures and warning signs, and exercise extreme caution when travelling through the construction work zones.
SANRAL apologizes for any inconvenience caused.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- WATCH: Kolisi vows to make a change – Port Elizabeth in the News - 22 November 2019
- JBay Surfer Matt McGillivray Edges Closer To Championship Tour Qualification – MyPR.co.za - 22 November 2019
- Amsterdamhoek Dusk – Port Elizabeth - 22 November 2019
- Farmers in crisis as goal posts shifted for drought relief applications - 22 November 2019
- Committed to developing young leaders - 22 November 2019